Legal Notice: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including but not limited to Google Analytics and Adsense cookies. By remaining on this site you are consenting to the use of Google cookies.

Monday, October 31, 2016

gecko galz annual blog hop! october 27-31

Hello everyone!
We want to welcome everyone to the
Gecko Galz 6th Annual Blog Hop

This is your Seventh stop on a wonderfully Wicked Blog Hop
We have 16 AMAZING blogs for you to visit this weekend, each with some gorgeous projects created using the Gecko Galz collage sheets that we are giving you for FREE! Each blog you visit will have another free Gecko Galz Collage sheet for you to down load, the one here is

"Retro Lolita".

Also make sure you leave a message on each blog site you visit and on the last blog there will be a phrase that you will email to us to be entered in our drawing for a wonderful treat pack.  So sit back, relax, take your time and enjoy the hop!
We have FOUR amazing prizes up for grabs:
·        First is a Gecko Galz shopping spree for $100!
·        Second prize is a $50 Shopping spree with Gecko Galz.
·        Third prize is a $25 shopping spree!
·        And our Grand Prize ONE FULL YEAR of Gecko Galz PRODUCTS!!! This includes the 6 new collage sheets each quarter, a new stamp set each quarter, a new paper pack each quarter!
 This is a $100 value!

First of all, you will need to visit all 16 blogs and leave a comment on each blog :) **This is important so we know you have been to all the blogs **. Collect the phrase at the end of the hop on the Fripperies and Butterflies site there will be a link to email the phrase to Gecko Galz.
This enters you in the contest. On October 31st we will randomly draw the 4 winners and email each of you, then we will post the winning names on the Gecko Galz blog site.

For an extra chance to win make a purchase from the GECKO GALZ ETSY STORE between the 27th of October and the 30th of October and your name goes in again for a better chance of winning (each purchase you make that weekend gives you another chance to win) 


Please enjoy this free Gecko Galz Collage sheet

“Retro Lolita”


 i decided to make coasters with these images.  i started with a trip to the dollar store -- 




ultimately decided to go with the square coasters instead of the round ones.  





gecko galz products used: retro lolita collage sheet; darling dragonflies collage sheet; la vie en rose collage sheet; scripted collage sheet; time flies collage sheet; card toppers collage sheet; vintage card toppers collage sheet; la isla bonita paper pack; gatsby digital paper pack; along with random borders, die cuts, stickers, distress inks, etc., from my stash.



here they are all together.  if anyone has tips for sealing these so they can actually be used as coasters let me know.  otherwise they'll just have to be decorative!



Now have fun visiting each Blog



















If you did not start at the Gecko Galz Blog you might want to start there so you will not miss a thing!



i hope you've enjoyed your visit here so now keep hopping along -- lots of free goodies at every stop and the possibility of additional prizes if you've commented at every stop.

love to all.

46 comments:

Nancy said...

What a great idea, Michele! Your coasters are great!
Thanks very much! :o)

MsMad said...

The coasters were a great idea !!!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful coasters, have fun hopping, hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

What a creative and wonderful use for the images, WOW!

Carol Salisbury said...

Lovely coasters!

Tristan Robin said...

Terrific coasters - clever idea!

I would seal them with Ice Resin! - creates an unbeatable seal!

Thanks

By the way - how do you save the free image when if you click on it, it merely moves to the next photo? :)

Trudi said...

Your coasters are great! Love the images :)

Katie said...

Lovely coasters

Carolyn1217 said...

Pretty coasters, thanks for the images.

Karen P said...

Beautiful coasters, I would want to hang them. Thank you for the blog hop and images x

Jackie PN said...

ahh Michelle, your creativity never disappoints!! Beautiful coaster set my friend!! xo

It'sMe said...

Michelle love theses coasters will have to come back and use this idea.They are fantastic.Thank you for the hop and collage sheet. x

Judy V said...

Love these coasters! What a great idea! They work beautifully with these images! Thanks for the collage sheet and inspiration!

christi said...

your coasters are adorable. thanks for sharing with us on the hop. ty for the sheet.

Brenda McGregor said...

Love the idea for coasters. Thank you.

2amscrapper said...

great project idea, Michele!

rozwillster@gmail.com said...

wonderful idea Michele!

Sande said...

Beautiful images and I love you created coasters with them. So pretty. I would suggest sealing them with Ice Resin and make sure to get it on the sides also. Super idea.

Annette said...

fun and thanks and so glad you wrote the you are here lol I forgot where I was xo

ShelbyDoodle Designs by Nancy Smith said...

Michelle, great idea, I love these coasters, great design, and this collage sheet is my favorite :) hugs

Penny said...

Thanks for the blog hop, Penny

Carole J said...

What a brilliant idea, Michelle! Love your collages on the coasters - they are too pretty to put drinks on; I think I would use them as wall hangings. However, I suppose several coats of mod podge and a final coat of clear acrylic varnish would waterproof them. Thanks for this inspiration and thanks, too, for the beautiful "Retro Lolita" collage sheet. x

SiskiyouSue said...

Coasters are a great way to showcase these glamorous images. Thanks for the great idea!

yukionna said...

Inspiring use of the collage sheets, functional yet beautiful. Thank you!

Holly M said...

Great coasters. I love how you used the collage sheet.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your coasters are gorgeous! So impressive! I've been wanting to make coasters - I was just going to ask you how you sealed them so I don't have any tips. Even if you just used them decoratively, they are AWESOME! Thank you for the collage sheet - I love this hop!

craftytrog said...

I love your coasters Michele, they're just fabulous!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work.

Carol said...

Fa makes thank you x

Unknown said...

Love these coasters and anything retro.

Barbara DeLisle said...

so much fun-enjoyed looking at you art

Txcowgirl said...

Just too cute, love your coaster ideas.

vlchristensen said...

Cool coasters!

ccriscat said...

superb coasters

Vicki Romaine said...

Love your coasters. It is a good thing I wasn't in the Las Vegas store because I would still be there trying to choose.

Kim's Kreations said...

What a fun idea to make coasters, love the retro images.

Mera said...

Loved the coasters! Mera

APG Jamie said...

I love dragonflies & your work is wonderful

thank you

xo

Electra said...

Retro Lolita indeed! You have outdone yourself Michele. And thank you for the cool sheet, I will have fun with it!

livinglifenc said...

I LOVE the coaster idea! They are beautiful. Thank you for the collage sheet.

Unknown said...

Great idea, love the coasters.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous coasters Michele!! and a big thanks to you and gecko galz for the freebie sheet!

Rene said...

Fabulous creations, always so inspiring!
Thanks for the sheet & a great hop!
Hugs
Rene

Dana Tatar said...

I love your coasters! You can definitely seal them. I'd try several coats of Modge Podge, resin, or an all-purpose craft spray sealant that you can pick up at any hardware store for less than $5.

DonnaMundinger said...

Really love how you've fussy cut the images and composed each coaster, Michelle. FAbulous inspiration for the gorgeous sheet. thanks so much! xxD

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

Your coasters are awesome! What a great gift idea!!