thanks to blogger KTFitKitty i discovered a very special blog hop this month -- the hop to stop domestic violence at the damsel of distressed blog. all are invited to create with purple, the color of national domestic violence awareness month. domestic violence has touched my family and sadly 1 in 3 women will experience it in their lifetimes. so it seemed a small thing to participate in this meaningful event.
i used this beautiful digital stamp by helena reis, from sweet pea stamps. i colored the image with colored pencils in shades of violet and violet indigo with some other accent colors. the background paper covered in butterflies is by gecko galz. i wanted to use the phrase "you are enough" and i thought i would have to handwrite it but I hoped I might find something in my stash (at least the three separate words which i could string together) and to my happy surprise (synchronicity alert!) this phrase was already present in a tim holtz ideology "small talk" sticker book i picked up last week on a whim. wonderful.
i'm also entering this truly at the 11th hour in the sweet pea stamps facebook group progressive challenge which closes today.
finally I am linking to the "for a cause" challenge at the eclectic ellapu. please check out the "hop to stop" and help raise awareness to end domestic violence.
love to all.
this blog is to chart my creative evolution with stamping, paper-crafting, mixed media and some other stuff i haven't figured out yet... on the theory that challenging myself to try new things and post them to the "world" will be good for me. and might also be good for others. my blog title is inspired by julia cameron's "the artist's way" and her admonition to fill the well.
Legal Notice: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including but not limited to Google Analytics and Adsense cookies. By remaining on this site you are consenting to the use of Google cookies.
Sunday, October 4, 2015
the hop to stop.... domestic violence
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



15 comments:
This is beautiful, Michele. So glad I inspired you to join the hop - it is an issue very close to my heart. I love the image you used and how beautifully you coloured her. The sentiment says it all. Thank you so much for caring and for your support.
Hugs,
Kitty
Hi, Michele . Dropping in from Hop to Stop to take a closer look at your lovely card. The image is truly beautiful and the sentiment is positively inspiring. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. I'm your newest follower :)
hugs, Asha
Wow I love your card and your colouring. It looks wonderful, well done.
Lovely work for a great cause, well done. Hugs, Valerie
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some love, Michele! Perfect sentiment and I love that image!
This issue has also touched my family Michele...your artwork is poignant and lovely!
Alison xx
Just beautiful....love the image and your coloring and sentiment are perfect...I also found this through ft kitty and so glad I did...
This image paired with that sentiment is so moving. What a gorgeous artful interpretation of the theme. Very emotional and moving. I can't thank you enough for supporting the Hop to Stop!
I agree with Becca, I love how you intrepreted the theme and this is just a beautiful work of art!
I'm glad to have seen this on the Hop to Stop! Take care! ♥
A beautiful image and perfect sentiment. Gorgeous creation! HUGS! :) Mynn xx
PS: If you’re looking for another chance to win with the Hop to Stop, make sure to stop by my blog and comment! http://www.mynnettekitchenonastampage.blogspot.com :)
beautiful image and I love the shades of violet. I am so glad to see so many people sharing there stories and showing so many women that they are enough! Wonderful job thank you for sharing it with all of us.
She's beautiful and your coloring in varying shades of violet is lovely! Your sentiment is touching!
I use colored pencils when I go with pastel colors but have not done much in the darker colors...the softness of colored pencils works for the deeper colors, as you have proved. Lovely card and sentiment.
Very pretty card! Such a pretty coloring technique too!
Take care!
Michele
This is beautiful and I love her flowing hair and dress. What a great card for a cause that can be dark and heavvy!
Post a Comment