for week two of the cheerful stamp pad challenge "cards for men" i've created a card featuring products from our sponsor sentimental susan at stitchy bear digital outlet and from dezinaworld.
parts of this card were created digitally. i started with the vintage image from dezinaworld and added the sentiment and stack of books on a white background, both from sentimental susan. i also added the monocle and compass (dezinaworld) digitally. after printing my little digital collage, i added it to cardstock covered with designer paper. to that i added a fleur de lis brad by alphastamps and the phrase "noteworthy" which i found in my stash. all elements were distressed with "old paper" distress ink.
one more week to link up a masculine card.
love to all.
this blog is to chart my creative evolution with stamping, paper-crafting, mixed media and some other stuff i haven't figured out yet... on the theory that challenging myself to try new things and post them to the "world" will be good for me. and might also be good for others. my blog title is inspired by julia cameron's "the artist's way" and her admonition to fill the well.
Legal Notice: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including but not limited to Google Analytics and Adsense cookies. By remaining on this site you are consenting to the use of Google cookies.
Sunday, July 27, 2014
reading is medicine for the soul
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Such a true statement, Michele! Great vintage feel on this fabulous card. Enjoy!
Reading is certainly the medicine for my soul. I read a lot. I absolutely love this card!
Fantastic!!!
I love a good book too!
Alison xxx
I really loved this card Michele when I saw it over in the Unruly Group. I am just letting you know that I will be sharing it with our readers as part of the August Community Update! :)
Michele, I just love this piece. Great sentiment and especially like the big monocle you added.
:) Chris / CS Designs
Post a Comment