
i knew i wanted to do some kind of collage for the journal page. i used my 8x8 journal book and gathered lots of pink and orange papers of a variety of textures and patterns. i began laying out to my heart's content. i had already stamped a wonderful stampsmith image -- a face with flowers which i'd already colored in with pinks and oranges so i wanted to include that.
i embellished with a lot of additional goodies. the butterflies are from a moonlight journeys collage sheet. most of the rest are from either k & company or are random stash items.
since the pink and orange theme was an homage to summer i found a short poem online that seemed fitting. in photoshop i created a background in the color orange and i used the gradient tool on it. i typed the poem on to that and then with some cutting and tearing i had my centerpiece. i am so glad that Dawn is doing this journal challenge and i look forward to joining again in August. meanwhile i guess i'm getting to be a full-fledged pink saturday devotee as well!
by the way special thanks to Linda at scrappinbears studio. a lot of the lovely papers came from her. she was giving away from her excess and i was a lucky recipient. she sent me a huge box of gorgeous papers and many of them are a part of this journal page. thank you Linda!
peace and love to all.
13 comments:
like the stamp and love the pink and orange combination - great piece. Hope you have a fun pink weekend!
Oh I love it Michele, and I adore the colors--They're sure perfect for this time of year!! How fabulous! Happy Pink Saturday!!
XO
Cindy
This is gorgeous and I love the pinks and oranges!!! Love all the embellishments too!
I am so happy that playing with paper & glue made you happy. You have made me happy by joining in with me at Journal Journey's. Such a beautiful page and I love all those beautiful papers and the poem is lush to.
Love Dawn xx
Your journal page looks great. I especially like the quote. Happy PS!
Happy Pink Saturday :)
Fabulous journal page. Really beautiful.
WIshes
Lynne
Love the pinks on this, and the previous post. thank you for stopping by and for your kind words. HPS!
Such lovely colors & designs, Michelle. This is a beautiful creation that would make anyone happy.
Where are you in Seattle? We are formerly from Chehalis. (or did I share this already?)
Happy PS weekend.
TTFN ~
Marydon
Happy Pink Saturday! Love the touch or orange with the pinks! Beautiful journal!
Sorry I removed the last comment, cause my pizza fell on my computer..what a mess.Anyway, loved yr journal page collage, the orange gives it just the right punch.
Great use of the colors, super page!
Very nice page!!
Post a Comment