Legal Notice: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including but not limited to Google Analytics and Adsense cookies. By remaining on this site you are consenting to the use of Google cookies.

Monday, April 18, 2011

a beautiful man

for the next two weeks the challenge at the cheerful stamp pad is # 16 "there is a man in my life."  the creations for this challenge are meant to be for men.  i confess i have drawers full of stamps that are female faces and faeries and flowers and such.  men can surely appreciate these things as well as women but i suspect many men prefer bolder simpler things.  my DT creation for this challenge uses a beautiful image of the late great Louis Armstrong.  the stamp is from the "fabulous faces" plate by the stampsmith.  i colored it with markers then cut out my stamped image at an angle and affixed it to designer paper.  i placed that on brown card stock and called it a day.  i like what i came up with and would love to see what you might create for the latest challenge at the cheerful stamp pad!
love to all.

6 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Oh yeah! XOXO Zoe

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card thanks for sharing!!

Sharon said...

This is great - unusual! Great male themed card and I love how you have inked the stamp.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, I love this!!! And Louis Armstrong is really special to me! I saw him perform when I was a little girl--he was amazing! And when I did my research for my Master's thesis, I studied all about him in New Orleans because this is where he was born and grew up. I even went to find the house he was raised in (because I found the address in one of my research books), but now it is where the courthouse stands...

There is something really interesting about Louis Armstrong...When he was young, he shot off a gun to celebrate a holiday (I think it was New Year's.) That is not unusual here. Anyway, he was sent to a detention home for quite a long period of time. It was there that he learned to play the coronet!

To me, that is proof that good things can come out of even the worst circumstances....He is a national treasure, indeed.

xo
Cindy

cheryl said...

oh great great image hun love how you have inked the stamp too hun so effective hugs cheryl xxxxx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is a wonderful card of a great man! The way you have got the colouring just right is wonderful,

Lucy x