Legal Notice: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including but not limited to Google Analytics and Adsense cookies. By remaining on this site you are consenting to the use of Google cookies.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

gothic arch challenge: butterflies

at last!  after wanting to try a challenge over at the gothic arches blog for quite some time i've finally given it a go.  the theme was butterflies and those of you who visit here know that butterflies and dragonflies show up around here a LOT.  so how could i pass this up?  this is sort of a collage-y kind of creation.  the arch itself was done with the "book page background" as taught by ali manning over at gingersnap creations.  the gorgeous butterfly came from a stampington & co. collage sheet.  at the lower right is a bit cut from a floral vintage image by twisted papers.  the rest is flowers, brads and a bit of a diecut border from k & company.  i hope you enjoy.
love to all.

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Really lovely, the butterfly is jsut great!

Lovey said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love how the butterfly and flowers really POP!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wow, beautiful!

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi, I love your Gothic Arch, very beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is stunning I really like it. And congrats on the DT position. You must be thrilled. Now see a blog is SO much fun lol

Love Dawn xx

Christmas-etc... said...

This is perfect! I love the gothic "window" behind the butterfly!
Have a great week!
Ann
PS It would be a dream come true to visit all the St. Nicholas churches I've highlighted! I've been to a some but not all.

Helen Pigott said...

What lovely colours on your arch, if you have time please pop by and let me know what you think about mine, even if it is negative as I am always trying to improve my skills.
Helen x

Chris Arlington said...

Gorgeous Michele! I love all the elements in this collage too.

Cgra said...

So pretty - I love how the butterfly pops out from the book page background.

Congrats on your DT appointment! I just saw we're neighbors (I work in Seattle) - we should compare crafty spots.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous arch! I love all the color and vibrancy!

Gio said...

LOve love this arch!! Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog!

Effie said...

That's so pretty.

Charla said...

It is Beautiful! I love that Butterfly!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful arch, great summer feeling.